Turners (Soham) Ltd has strategically located sites in both Newmarket, Suffolk and Bicker, Lincolnshire offering added value packing services. Our site at Newmarket (with minimal deviation mileage from major UK ports) and our site at Bicker, combine all required infrastructure for temperature controlled food supply chain, inbound transport, temperature controlled storage, production & added value packing, picking, consolidation and direct to depot transport. The large storage capacity at Newmarket (100,000 pallets) allows sufficient stock holding to prevent supply chain disruption and maximise procurement efficiency.
Turners packing and processing division was established in 2001 and has grown to include 3 separate packing facilities. In these we can handle fresh produce, fruit, frozen and chilled (long and short life).
- Direct supply of retailer own label products
- Product sourcing through established supply partnerships
- Product development for all major retailers
- Technical & quality management
- Supply chain – end to end UK logistics specialists
- Third party contract packing
- Bespoke rework
- Date coding
- Allergen handling
- Blast freezing & tempering
Accreditations are held across all service provisions. We have BRC specific accreditations for Food Safety and Storage & Distribution. Full accreditation lists can be requested. HACCP is implemented throughout our operation.