Turners (Soham) Ltd is currently looking to recruit a Transport Coordinator to be based at Weston-Super-Mare to work on our prestigious BWOC contract.
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a team and assist with the planning for the busy fuels distribution contract; efficiently utilising staff and vehicles to ensure deliveries and collections are made on time. Experience of petrochemical tanker distribution would be an advantage. Working hours will be Monday to Friday, either from 7am until 4pm or from 8am until 5pm.
- Deliver high quality standards when communicating with customer
- Able to work toward deadlines, being able to priorities crucial duties
- To be the first point of contact by telephone and email, dealing with drivers to ensure customer service is always maintained
- Taking responsibility for investigating and resolving complaints and queries
- Able to prioritise and organise own work with minimum supervision
- Ensure set KPI's are monitored and met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with transport industry’s rules and regulations
- Good understanding of MS Office and ability to learn other systems quickly
- Excellent English language written skills
- Ability to deal with challenging calls or emails in a professional manner
- Able to work well under pressure
Duties will include processing drivers' expenses ensuring receipts are submitted, deal with, and booking and checking completion of vehicle maintenance, legal compliance admin, producing KPI’s and other general administrative duties. The successful candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, computer literate and flexible, as the position requires that you are on call out outside of working hours as per the rota.
The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of all required legal compliances and geographical knowledge, however training can be provided.
To apply to this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
Your application will be sent to the relevant recruiting manager for review. If you are shortlisted for an interview you will be contacted between 1 – 2 weeks. If you do not hear back within this time frame please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.