Turners (Soham) Ltd is seeking to recruit a Transport Operator to join our Newmarket Depot.
Fixable working is available in this position either full time on a 4on 4off shift pattern (19:00 – 07:00) or part time.
What you can expect…
With the full support of our friendly Traffic Office Department you can gain or improve your skills within department and company. By joining our team you will receive benefit package including good understanding of supply chain procedures, competitive pay and company pension scheme. We can also offer you subsided Abbeycroft Leisure Centre membership!
The key elements of the Driver Liaison role include but are not limited to:
• Taking a high number of telephone calls, fully brief drivers about duties
• Establishing communication between the traffic office, drivers and yard operatives
• Ensure all collections and deliveries are covered to meet customer requirements.
• Responsible for the efficient allocation of resources (Drivers, Vehicle/ Trailers etc.)
• Ensuring queries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner and to the satisfaction of the Client.
• Use our vehicle tracking systems and our in house traffic management system
• Effectively deal with any vehicle / driver scheduling
• General administration duties.
• Control the receipt of driver’s documentation
Transport industry experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided to the right candidate.
The successful candidate must be able to…
• Work effectively within a fast paced transport office.
• Eager to learn and develop within a team
• Be well organised and logistically minded.
• Show the ability to use your initiative at times
• Have the ability to communicate with an open, empathetic personality
Salary for this position is in the range of £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.